02 January 2008

Shut Up USC!

I will start this post by honestly admiring the work of USC's Trojan football program and their coach Pete Carroll. Against an unworthy Illinois, they dominated last night.

Secondly, I will give Carroll credit for finally sucking it up and playing by the rules.

ESPN.com reports quoted Carroll saying: "The last thing I'd want to do is sit up here and lobby for some recognition for our season. We did everything we could with what we had."

Agreed Carroll. You did what you could with what you had. You are not the #1 team in the nation this year...although I am honestly shocked you aren't trying to lobby for a co-championship again. I mean, you could totally take it away from LSU again. And then I would have to listen to all the garbage about how you were champions in 2003...when truly, even you agreed to play by the rules of the BCS.

Moving past my bitter anger at the press for making you out to be God's gift to man...I must turn my head to the big dance on Monday. The LSU Tigers are without a doubt one of the best teams in the nation as well. They deserve to be there. More than you at least.

Honestly, I can't deny that I wish it was you and us...we are finally healthy, too. Oh yeah, the media forgot about all the injuries LSU has fought all year:

Doucet: out almost all season, replaced by some stellar young'uns who have totally stepped up...
Flynn: ummm, ankle, shoulder, etc...
Dorsey: back, etc after he got chop-blocked by Auburn
(and those are just some big names - I won't mention that we lost are two most awesome defensive players during that Kentucky game: Steltz and Jackson)

I guess that is easy to forget when you have such a terrific and deep bench. Or when you are LSU...no credit. With a little solid coaching and Les' ballsiness, LSU should rock OSU...so let's see what Les and the boys from the bayou decide to bring to the dome before we make claims.

And yes, we would have all liked to play USC...we aren't scared...but I guess what it comes down to is this: USC screwed up.

No comments: